June 9, 2007
So we shouldn’t either, right?
The AP’s got an interview with Kristen Bell, the much adored star of VERONICA MARS (best written show on TV — please help save it— ahem), and it sounds like she’s in the same boat as we are: holding out hope for some kind of miracle on June 15th! That’s pretty encouraging, I’d say, that the star of the show hasn’t ruled out a return and isn’t committing elsewhere yet. And the article is currently sitting right on the front of Yahoo!– I bet that’s got some CW people thinking.
I wonder if Kristen or Rob Thomas (the show’s creative genius) have gotten word of the MARS BARS CAMPAIGN yet? Here’s hoping. Its a shame the fan efforts weren’t noted in the article, but hey… we seem to getting more attention, slowly but surely.
This piece reminds us of one more reason that this show should be saved– Kristen has a big year of movies in front of her– she’s in two the Scramble Network is dying to see, FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL and FANBOYS– and more exposure for Kristen means more exposure for VERONICA MARS. It really doesn’t make sense to drop a show featuring Kristen right before she’s set to become a huge mainstream celebrity.
Right, CW? Right?!!
Seems to me this might be Kristin’s own attempt to persuade the CW to change their minds.
June 5, 2007
Check it out– some great outtakes and clips from FANBOYS!!! According to Film Ick, this is the first in a series of webisodes. Hope so!
Really can’t wait for this one…
How can this movie not have a web site yet?
June 4, 2007
Success!! Knocked Up had a GREAT weekend at the box office. The studio tried to keep expectation in the high-teens… most of the experts had it in the low-t0-mid twenties… so to come within a hair of $30 million, and to beat Pirates per screen– well, that’s just HUGE!!! For the full box office analysis, go here.
This means we can expect to see much more of our beloved FREAKS AND GEEKS/UNDECLARED alumni all over the place! That’s pretty sweet vindication for a gang of folks who were looking for jobs not so long ago. This just goes to show that sometimes perseverence IS rewarded, and these good things couldn’t have happened to a funnier, more talented group.
Maybe this will even cause some people at NBC or FOX to rethink things the next time they rush to cancel an unconventional show with a die-hard fan base… after all, these box office numbers definitely show there’s a market for this kind of comedy, which Judd used to bring to TV EVERY WEEK.
Seeing Seth, Jay, and Jason up there on the big screen was a real treat. And with SUPERBAD, FANBOYS, PINEAPPLE EXPRESS coming out this year, we’re definitely going to see plenty more of them. But what about 2008, you ask? Well, here’s a rundown on all the exciting project Apatow and Co. are working on…
- YEAR ONE: Just announced, really can’t believe news this great! Apatow will produce… the movie is written and directed by none other than thelegendary HAROLD RAMIS!! And it stars JACK BLACK and our boy MICHAEL CERA!!! No word on the story yet, but c’mon– APATOW, RAMIS, BLACK, and CERA– how can that go wrong?
- WALK HARD: Apatow produces, Jake Kasdan (the man behind the amazing ORANGE COUNTY and the underrated ZERO EFFECT) directs… John C. Reilly, Jenna Fischer, and Ed Helms star in this comedy about a down on his luck Johhny Cash-like musician.
- YOU DON’T MESS WITH THE ZOHAN: Former roomies Apatow and Adam Sandler reunite in a story about a Mossad agent who becomes a hair stylist. Seriously!
- FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL: Now this is one we can’t wait for… the scene-stealer himself, Jason Segel, playing opposite Kristen Bell! Segel (who also wrote it) plays a guy who takes a vacation to Hawaii after breaking up with his tv star girlfriend (Bell), only to have her show up with a new guy at the same resort.
- DRILLBIT TAYLOR: Apatow produces this one, John Hughes did the story… two kids hire a bodyguard to protect them from a bully.
- TROPIC THUNDER: Jay Baruchel stars with Ben Stiller, Jack Black, and Robert Downey Jr. (Tom Cruise is rumored to have a cameo, too) in this comedy about actors in a military movie who are forced to become the soldiers they potray.
This is by no means a complete list, but you get the idea, right? After years of waiting, these guys are becoming the stars they’ve always deserved to be, and we’re gonna get some great movies out of it.
May 30, 2007
Collider’s got a great triple helping of FANBOYS– the full press conference from last weekend’s Star Wars Celebration, AND interviews with star JAY BARUCHEL and director KYLE NEWMAN.
This movie reminds me so much of my life around the time of Episode One’s release… well, no, my friends and I didn’t try to steal a PHANTOM MENACE proof from Lucasfilm, but that anticipation and excitement… the bonding over a film series that helped raise us… and the great stories that love created– believe it, I’ll be there for the opening of FANBOYS, reveling in nostalgia for those glory days almost 10 years ago!
Oh, and just in case you haven’t seen it yet…